This section provides information on how you can get involved in improving cancer care in our healthcare system. The Canadian healthcare system has a variety of moving parts, it is crucial to stay up-to-date as well as informed on how we can positively impact cancer care in the country. Please visit any of the sections below to learn about great ways to become involved!
The objective of the Seat at the Table program is to increase the number of informed cancer patients, survivors and caregivers sitting on cancer and other healthcare Boards, committees and research peer review committees where decisions are being made about cancer diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment and research funding.
- Drug Pricing Policy Summits
- Resources for Drug Pricing Policy in Canada
- Drug Pricing Policy Learning Events for Patient Organizations
A list of current & time-sensitive topics.
- Breast Cancer Caregiver Survey: Women Being Treated with Herceptin-Perjeta Combination Therapy
- Building A Voice for Primary Liver Cancer Patients & Caregivers in Canada
- Call for Applications for CORD Board of Directors
- Share Your Cancer Story With CCSN!
- Share Your Thoughts: Help KCA Uncover Unmet Needs In Kidney Cancer/RCC
- ON & QC Volunteers Needed for Study on Self-Care After Cancer
- Restricting Marketing of Unhealthy Food and Beverages to Children in Canada
- What is advocacy?
- Send a letter now!
- How can you improve cancer care or healthcare for yourself?
- Working with the media
- Advocacy resources
During election campaigns, we work with patients and survivors to frame questions about cancer care and healthcare issues nationally or in their province or territory. Once questions are prepared, we send them to all political parties and to all candidates for these parties. Responses are then shared on our website as well as through our blog and social media. Click to view past election campaign questions.