This section provides information on how you can get involved in improving cancer care in our healthcare system. The Canadian healthcare system has a variety of moving parts, it is crucial to stay up-to-date as well as informed on how we can positively impact cancer care in the country. Please visit any of the sections below to learn about great ways to become involved!
The objective of the Seat at the Table program is to increase the number of informed cancer patients, survivors and caregivers sitting on cancer and other healthcare Boards, committees and research peer review committees where decisions are being made about cancer diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment and research funding.
- DPPS 2017 – Drug Pricing Policy in Canada: Measuring Progress and Making Our Mark
- DPPS 2016 – Drug Pricing Policy in Canada: Mobilizing Patients to Action
A list of current & time-sensitive topics.
- Canadian Partnership Against Cancer – Patient-Focused Consultation
- Patented Medicine Prices Review Board (PMPRB) Consultations
- Publication of Regulations Amending the Fees in Respect of Drugs and Medical Devices Regulations
- Recommendations on Proposed Amendments to the Patented Medicines Regulations
- Restricting Marketing of Unhealthy Food and Beverages to Children in Canada
- Stakeholder Consultation on Naming of Biologic Drugs
- What is advocacy?
- Send a letter now!
- How can you improve cancer care or healthcare for yourself?
- Working with the media
During election campaigns, we work with patients and survivors to frame questions about cancer care and healthcare issues nationally or in their province or territory. Once questions are prepared, we send them to all political parties and to all candidates for these parties. Responses are then shared on our website as well as through our blog and social media. Click to view past election campaign questions.