The Canadian healthcare system has a variety of moving parts, it is crucial to stay up-to-date as well as informed on how we can positively impact cancer care in the country.
This section provides information on current issues in Canada surrounding health care and cancer, as well as opportunities to get involved in improving cancer care in our healthcare system. If you have any questions or want to get involved in our efforts, please contact us!
The objective of the Seat at the Table program is to increase the number of informed cancer patients, survivors and caregivers sitting on cancer and other healthcare boards, committees and research peer review committees where decisions are being made about cancer diagnosis, treatment, post-treatment and research funding.
- Ontario All-party Cancer Caucus – March 21, 2018
- Alberta All-party Cancer Caucus – May 8th, 2018
- Ontario All-party Cancer Caucus – November 29, 2018
- Drug Pricing Policy Summits
- Resources for Drug Pricing Policy in Canada
- Drug Pricing Policy Learning Events for Patient Organizations
- Open Letter to Prime Minister Justin Trudeau regarding PMPRB Regulations (April 2019)
- Canadian Patient Groups Call on Federal Health Minister to Halt the Process Examining Proposed Amendments to the Patented Medicine Regulations Pending Constructive Consultations (February 2018)
- Submission to the Patented Medicines Pricing Review Board (PMRPB) by the Coalition of Concerned Patient Organizations (October 2016)
A list of current & time-sensitive topics.
- Building A Voice for Primary Liver Cancer Patients & Caregivers in Canada
- CCSN Patient Input Surveys
- HHS discloses issue with a specific type of radiation therapy at the Juravinski Cancer Centre
- Inside Trials Study – UBC seeks to interview those who have taken part in a trial of a prescription drug
- Job Opportunities
- Liver Cancer Survivors Physical Activity Survey
- STUDY: St. Michael’s Hospital Seeking Young Men Diagnosed With Cancer
- ON & QC Volunteers Needed for Study on Self-Care After Cancer
- Share Your Cancer Story With CCSN!
- Share Your Thoughts: Help KCA Uncover Unmet Needs In Kidney Cancer/RCC
- Sleep Study in Prostate Cancer Patients
Rare Cancers and Other Rare Disorders (coming soon!)
- Upcoming Free Webinars
- CCSN 2015 webinar series
- CCSN 2016 webinar series
- CCSN 2017 webinar series
- CCSN 2018 webinar series
- CCSN 2019 webinar series
- What is advocacy?
- Send a letter now!
- How can you improve cancer care or healthcare for yourself?
- Working with the media
- Advocacy resources
During election campaigns, we work with patients and survivors to frame questions about cancer care and healthcare issues nationally or in their province or territory. Once questions are prepared, we send them to all political parties and to all candidates for these parties. Responses are then shared on our website as well as through our blog and social media. Click to view past election campaign questions.