Hope everyone is doing well as we get going in 2023. There are a few important items I wanted to draw your attention to below:
- Quarterly Members Meeting is scheduled for Wed Feb 15 from 10am to 12pm PST, at this meeting we will have a special presentation from Dr. Diane Finegood (Professor, SFU) who will speak on the Framework for Diabetes in Canada recently announced by Federal Health Minister Duclos (Zoom Link: https://us06web.zoom.us/j/87867820647?pwd=TW5wWjRiYkh3Um1DVm53YnByY1EvQT09)
- Annual General Meeting of MedAccessBC is scheduled for Wed March 15 at 10am PST. You are invited to submit any resolutions to be considered at this meeting by Feb 22 to be included with the AGM notification materials. Notification and materials will be sent prior to the AGM. This AGM will be held via virtual Zoom Meeting.
- There is one Director position open for the upcoming year, and nominations are being accepted. If you or a colleague in one of the member organizations are interested in being on the Board of Directors for MedAccessBC, please contact me for further details or submit the attached Nomination form. An election will be held during the AGM if there is more than one nominee.
- Santis Health Webinar: Why change is the new constant in BC’s Healthcare System. Tues Feb 21 at 10am PST (see details at: https://mailchi.mp/santishealth/santis-webinar-13730023?e=a84f4b3e09)
- Life Sciences BC Access to Innovation Conference in Vancouver is Thurs Feb 23, 2023, see details at: https://lifesciencesbc.ca/event/access-to-innovation-2023/
- Reboot Communications is hosting the 25th Annual Vancouver International Privacy and Security Summit where issues on health data will be discussed on Feb 22-24, see details at: https://www.rebootcommunications.com/event/vipss2023/
- Benefits Canada Chronic Disease at Work | Virtual event is on February 2, 2023, see: https://www.benefitscanada.com/microsite/chronic-disease-at-work-2023/