The Medical Advisory Committee (MAC) of the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network provides expert advice to the Board and CEO. It is composed of Canadian specialists with an interest in the field of cancer.
Membership on the Medical Advisory Committee reflects the geographic diversity of Canada and also represents both official languages. Members may come from the various medical specialties of oncology, radiation oncology, psychosocial oncology, physiotherapy, nursing, the social sciences and other appropriate medical or research specialities.
The main responsibilities of the Medical Advisory Committee are to:
- Provide medical advice to the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network’s Board and CEO
- Provide oversight for the health information on the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network’s website
- Suggest topics and speakers for the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network educational meetings, webinars or conferences
- Provide a link to the Canadian medical community
- Promote public awareness of the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network in their regions, nationally and internationally
- Speak at conferences and to media on issues important to the Canadian Cancer Survivor Network
CCSN is slowly growing its Medical Advisory Committee. If you are a heathcare professional and would like to be on our MAC, please get in touch with email@example.com.