Spring 2012: A new Canadian lymphedema publication was launched by the Canadian Lymphedema Framework and its provincial affiliates. PATHWAYS – Canada’s Lymphedema Magazine Canada’s only magazine dedicated to matters related to lymphedema. This initiative supports the CLF’s mission to improve the management of lymphedema and related disorders in Canada.
The full-colour, professional, 24 – 28 page magazine will be focused on empowering patients and professionals by providing education and information to those living with lymphedema and the various professionals that support their care.
· People living with lymphedema and those at risk plus their family members and caregivers
· Certified lymphedema therapists in private practice treating lymphedema patients
· Health professionals in oncology clinics, community care settings who come across lymphedema
· Garment fitters, ADP authorizers and industry sales representatives
For the first time in Canada, there will be one publication distributed coast to coast, catering to the entire lymphedema community.
As part of the CLF’s collaboration with the provincial associations and organizations, this national magazine will include customized local inserts
from the following affiliates for regional distribution:
· BC Lymphedema Association
· Alberta Lymphedema Association
· Saskatchewan Lymphedema Association
· Lymphedema Association of Manitoba
· Lymphedema Association of Ontario
· Lymphedema Association of Quebec
· Atlantic Clinical Lymphedema Network
The Canadian Lymphedema Framework (CLF) is an academic and patient stakeholder collaboration that is part of an international initiative which aims to promote research, best practices and lymphedema clinical development, worldwide.
Pathwayswill be produced three times in its inaugural year and grow to a quarterly publication in subsequent years.
The magazine will have a balance of articles catering to both patients and professionals featuring primarily Canadian content with occasional international guest contributors. Regular columns include clinical case studies, updates on lymphedema research, advances in lymphedema treatment best practices, questions and answers by medical experts, book reviews, patient perspectives, along with practical hints and tips to help patients better manage their lymphedema on a daily basis.
Submittals and Subscriptions
Editorial submissions from health professionals and patients are welcomed. All material is subject to the approval of the CLF Executive and Pathways Editorial Committee.
Anyone interested in purchasing a subscription to this magazine, is encouraged to contact their local provincial lymphedema association or the Canadian Lymphedema Framework directly at firstname.lastname@example.org .