|The webinar provided insight into the following aspects of work health insurance for medications, and was followed by an interactive question and answer session.
- Overview of the structure and operation of Canada’s private drug plan marketplace, including the important distinctions and/or overlaps between private (insurance) and public (government) providers
- Explanation of the role and place of medication coverage within the supplemental health benefits plans of life and health insurance companies which provide pharmaceutical coverage
- Identification of the various providers and influencers which contribute to private formulary (lists of drugs which are covered) decision-making and their roles in the system
- Understanding generally what gets covered, by which plans and under what circumstances and which medications are typically subject to restrictions
- Guidance on how to determine which medications are covered
- Exploration of how patients and caregivers can navigate through the complex private plan system including:
- Who should provide answers regarding coverage and eligibility?
- What you can do if you run into coverage restrictions/rejections?
- How should patients interact with the private payer community generally?