On June 8th, Be The Choice launched a new, online tool that will help breast cancer patients and their loved ones navigate different treatment options.
Following a diagnosis, patients can access the fully bilingual decision tree to easily move through a series of treatment pathways and decision points.
- The decision tree was designed by both medial professionals and patients. If was co-authored by oncologists, surgical oncologists, plastic surgeons and breast cancer patients. It was thoroughly reviewed by a team of medical specialists and cancer survivors.
- The tree is written in patient-friendly language and all pages can be saved, shared or printed.
- The tree explains all the treatment options available, particularly in the surgical realm, it neither infantilizes nor overwhelms patients.
- The three brings together information from all the medical sub specialties including medical oncologists, radiation oncologists, surgical oncologists and plastic surgeons, in one, easy to access, place.
- The tree brings together value-neutral resources that inform breast cancer patients of the sequence of possible treatments for disease management.
To access the tool, please visit http://bethechoice.org/
To read the full release announcing the Be The Choice tool, please click here.