Help spread the word and participate in this year’s International Clinical Trials Day 2020
May 20th is International Clinical Trials Day. Clinical trials help to shape the future of medicine. We at CCSN believe it’s important for patients and the public to be aware of and engaged with clinical trials. Clinical Trials Ontario, a leading not-for-profit in the clinical trials community, has collaborated with patients, patient groups, health charities and others to create online tools to do just that. Check out the Clinical Trial Finder and access plain-language material about clinical trials on the Clinical Trials Ontario website.
The CTO’s vision is to make Ontario a preferred location for global clinical trials, while maintaining the highest ethical standards.
Their mission is to strengthen, promote and capitalize on Ontario’s competitive advantages to conduct high-quality clinical trials.
This is done using their main guiding principles:
- Ensure the highest ethical standards.
- Respect and value the role of the patient and the public in clinical research.
- Work with the clinical trials community to understand and implement effective programming.
- Leverage or build upon existing capacities where possible.
- Partner where mutually beneficial and be mindful of other initiatives to maximize effectiveness and minimize overlap.
- Recognize the value of the contributions made by both the public and private sectors.
- Continuously measure and evaluate activities.
- Diversify funding sources and implement appropriate cost-sharing mechanisms.
Clinical Trials Ontario (CTO), works closely with the clinical trials community to capitalize on Ontario’s health sciences assets and deliver on their mandate to build a stronger and more efficient clinical trials environment while maintaining the highest ethical standards for patient safety.
Industry investment, cost savings and economic growth. Better medicines for patients, cutting-edge innovation and a thriving health sciences sector. These are some of the ways that patients, industry, hospitals and research sites benefit from a strong clinical trials environment in Ontario.
** Resources & Updates**
- Clinical Trials Finder: https://trial-finder.ctontario.ca/
- About Clinical Trials: https://www.ctontario.ca/patients-public/learn-more-about-clinical-trials/
- #TalkClinicalTrials Blog Series: https://www.ctontario.ca/patients-public/talk-clinical-trials-campaign/
- Resources for Engaging Patients as Partners in Research: https://www.ctontario.ca/patients-public/resources-for-engaging-patients/
- CTO College of Lived Experience: https://www.ctontario.ca/patients-public/cto-patient-and-public-advisory-group/
**Resources, relevant news items, Health Canada approved COVID-19 studies, and a list of COVID-19 trials using CTO Stream**