Colorectal Cancer Canada recently shared the results of their Patient & Caregiver Experiences survey. Early-age onset colorectal cancer patients and caregivers were invited to share their experiences and challenges.
Established in 2018, Colorectal Cancer Canada’s Never Too Young program aims to increase awareness around early-age onset colorectal cancer (EAO CRC) in Canada. The Never Too Young: Early-Age Onset Experiences survey was conducted to gain additional insight into the experiences of early-age onset patients in Canada.
Here are some highlights from the report:
- The overall awareness of EAO CRC prior to diagnosis was low.
- The majority of respondents did not have a family history of CRC.
- Almost half of the respondents felt that they were dismissed by doctors due to their age.
- The largest proportion of respondents were diagnosed at stage III or IV.
- The majority of patients are able to enjoy life.
The full report is available here.
You can also learn more about Colorectal Cancer Canada’s Never Too Young program on their website.