The Canadian Cancer Survivor Network was pleased to offer a webinar titled “Health Canada calls for new tools to control drug prices: what will it mean for patients?”. This webinar summarized the various pharmaceutical pricing reforms recently announced by federal health minister Dr. Jane Philpott and examine their potential effects on patient access to new innovations.
In particular, the presentation covered the following topics:
- The federal rationale for pharmaceutical pricing reforms and some background on how we ended up here
- A summary of the price reform measures proposed by the federal health minister
- A deeper dive into the proposed regulatory changes affecting the federal regulator of patented medicine prices, the PMPRB
- An outline of the consultation opportunity related to the proposed regulatory changes
The presentation was followed by an interactive question and answer session.
- Bill Dempster, co-founder of 3Sixty Public Affairs Inc., is an in-demand health and pharmaceutical policy expert who works with a range of clients to navigate complex political, policy, regulatory and reimbursement challenges in the Canadian life sciences field.
- Gerry Jeffcott is a senior associate at 3Sixty Public Affairs who has more than 25 years of health and pharmaceutical policy experience. He is a recognized expert in the Canadian reimbursement review and approval process for new medications and a regular commentator on relevant policy questions.
To view the slides, please click here.