[?] Have you ever left an appointment with more questions than answers?
[?] Do you have questions or concerns for your medical team but haven’t found a way to voice them?
[?] Are you a patient or loved one affected by breast cancer who wants to feel more empowered in treatment decisions?
Rethink Breast Cancer believes that young women with breast cancer should be properly informed about all of their treatment options, be aligned on treatment goals and the need for additional treatment options, and have the opportunity to communicate effectively with their health-care teams.
That’s why we’re bringing health-care professionals and patients together to discuss the communication barriers that exist in this relationship and our broader health-care system in our upcoming forum Lost in Translation: Addressing Gaps in Communication Between Cancer Patients and Health-Care Providers.
The forum aims to spark productive dialogue from all sides of the table to ensure that health-care providers can support and empower their patients to feel confident in their treatment and care plan. Rethink will also be hosting a fun meet and greet to give you an opportunity to connect with other young women and health-care providers in our amazing community.
Moderated by Shawna Rich-Ginsberg, Senior Manager of Support and Education, Rethink Breast Cancer
- Dr. Jory Simpson, Surgical Oncologist, Assistant Medical Director, CIBC Breast Centre
- Dr. Rossanna Pezo, Medical Oncologist, Odette Cancer Centre
- Nadine Parsons, Patient Ambassador
- Alanna Kibbe, Patient Ambassador
- Laura Mitchel, Clinical Nurse Specialist, Adolescent & Young Adult Program
- MJ DeCoteau, Founder and Executive Director, Rethink Breast Cancer
Tuesday, November 20th, 2018
Meet & Greet: 6:00pm-6:45pm
Ticket Price: FREE!
24 Spadina Rd.