Date: Thursday, January 24th 2019
Time: 1:00pm – 2:00pm ET
This webinar will be hosted by Gerry Jeffcott from 3Sixty Public Affairs. He will be joined by two pharmaceutical policy researchers who have conducted analyses of Canada’s access performance over time and in comparison with other countries.
The session will begin with an overview of each of the elements of the Canadian review and approval process by our moderator. After that, the session will explore each agency’s performances in terms of supporting efficient access to needed new medicines. We will also compare Canada with other similar countries to determine how we fare internationally in terms of gaining access.
The presentation will be followed by an interactive question and answer session.
In particular, the presentation will cover the following topics:
• A segment-by segment review of the Canadian medication review and approval process
• A review of overall Canada’s access record and a deeper dive into the contributions made by each player in the process
• International comparisons to help you appreciate how Canada fares in terms of ensuring patient access to new innovations
Be sure to register anyway in order to have a copy of the slides as well as a YouTube recording of the webinar sent to you.
• Gerry Jeffcott is a senior associate at 3Sixty Public Affairs Inc. and a health and pharmaceutical policy expert who has more than 25 years of experience analyzing the Canadian access environment for medications.
• Dr. Nigel Rawson is a pharmacoepidemiologist and researcher who has studied the Canadian regulatory review process and medication access environment for many years.
• Sarah Lussier-Hoskyn is a senior policy analyst with Innovative Medicines Canada. She is a health policy and health economics expert who offers extensive knowledge of the pharmaceutical regulatory, pricing and reimbursement environment in Canada.