• Thursday, 4 June, 2020 •
7:30 PM – 8:30 PM EST Zoom
Dr. Paula Gordon will discuss Breast Cancer screening, optimal timing, and how to get through the process.
Dr. Gordon will:
- Describe the best time to start screening for cancer
- How and how often to screen for breast cancer so it can be found as early as possible, to allow the least aggressive options for treatment
- How to screen for recurrence in women who’ve had cancer
- Explain why these methods are not always offered
- Suggest what you can do about it
???????This session will take place via Zoom. Registrants will be sent the log in 24 hours before the event begins.
Dr. Paula Gordon is a Breast Radiologist, and Clinical Professor in the Department of Radiology at the University of British Columbia.
She is a reviewer for several medical journals. During her career, she has published dozens of articles in peer-reviewed journals, given hundreds of lectures and participated as moderator and panel member on various aspects of breast screening and diagnosis, both locally and internationally.
She has been in practice for over 35 years, doing almost exclusively breast imaging: mammograms, ultrasounds and image-guided needle biopsies. She has published dozens of research papers, and is involved in teaching and research. She’s a fierce advocate for advancing physicians and other primary providers’ and women’s knowledge of breast health and screening options, including supplementary screening for women with dense breasts. Her mission is for as many breast cancers as possible, to be detected early, to give women more options for less aggressive therapy, and to reduce breast cancer mortality.