This September, join delegates from across Canada as we explore multi-sector innovations in community-based health and social services and address key social factors impacting health.
- Hear from members of the Calgary Recovery Services Task Force, a formal health, housing and social services collaboration among 26 homeless serving agencies, government, and other community stakeholders, including Calgary’s Community Health Centres. Participate in discussion on policy and multi-sector action on homelessness.
- 3-part, interactive session on interprofessional collaborative primary health care. Opening presentation by Dr. Thy Dinh, Director of Health Economics and Policy for the Conference Board of Canada and lead author of the three-part Conference Board report, Improving Primary Health Care Through Collaboration.
- Three “advancing awareness and action” sessions aimed at increasing collective action and advancing services-based innovation.
- Improving mental health services for Canadians
- Supervised injection services: progress to date and next steps across Canada
- Translating experience into effective public, media and government engagement.
- Organized site visits to Calgary’s Community Health Centres, including The Alex CHC’s new 63,000 sq ft headquarters and a look at their various mobile health units. Join in a special conference dinner at The Alex
- Community Food Centre, one of the two Community Health Centre / Community Food Centre integrations across Canada tackling food insecurity through a comprehensive approach.
- Networking–The unparalleled opportunity to meet and build connections with a wide range of healthcare and social service colleagues from across Canada. The conference program is built to maximize opportunities for networking.