The signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer can also be due to a variety of other causes. It is important to visit your healthcare provider if you feel you may have an issue with your thyroid – early detection can lead to a better prognosis. It is essential to have any health issue checked and monitored by a healthcare professional.
Below are some possible signs and symptoms of thyroid cancer:
- A lump in the front, lower part of the neck
- A hoarse voice
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
- Swollen lymph nodes in the neck
- A cough that doesn’t go away and is not due to a cold
- A sore throat that is not due to a cold
- Neck pain that doesn’t go away
However, as mentioned above, these symptoms can be caused by a variety of other factors. It is always important to see your healthcare provider if you believe there is a problem.
Information taken from the Canadian Cancer Society.