Neuroendocrine tumours (NETs) are a rare, slow-growing and varied group of tumours that develop in the neuroendocrine system (Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Encyclopedia).
For additional information about neuroendocrine tumours (NETs), please go to the Canadian Cancer Society Cancer Encyclopedia.
The Net Alliance is a global website dedicated to neuroendocrine tumors (NET). The site contains information for patients and physicians.
The NET Patient Foundation offers patients and family members information about NET tumours through booklets, forums and local support group meetings.
Tel: 0800 434 6476
Cell phone: 07503 696066
The Unicorn Foundation is an Australian medical charity focused on neuroendocrine tumours (NET). The Foundation educates and support families who are affected by NET by funding awareness campaigns and offering information to the public. The organization also directs donations to Australian researchers and institutions working towards a cure for this rare and unpopular group of cancers.
New South Wales Office
68 Cabramatta Road
Mosman NSW 2088
PO Box 371
Telephone: 1300 CURE NETS
Fax: +61 2 9904 1929
Aims & Mission: Neuroendocrine tumors (NETs) present numerous complex clinical problems and thereby significantly contribute to morbidity and health costs in all European countries.
Due to their relatively rare occurrence, research and patient care guidelines, until recently, have been lacking. ENETS focuses on these issues.
ENETS’ goals include:
- improving the diagnosis and therapy of patients with neuroendocrine tumors in an international, interdisciplinary and scientific context
- the coordination of research at European hospitals and health research institutes, with emphasis on basic and clinical research for the diagnosis and treatment of NETs
- the education and training of physicians and scientists via annual scientific and educational meetings
- communicating with and informing patients and patient self-help groups
- cooperating with the pharmaceutical industry for the development of new diagnostic, therapeutic and information technologies
- the updating of treatment and standards of care guidelines which are to be made public through conferences and the ENETS website
- establishment of a European database of gastroenteropancreatic neuroendocrine tumors
ENETS Coordinating Office Dept. of Gastroenterology
Charite, Campus Virchow-Klinikum
Augustenburger Platz 1
13353 Berlin, Germany
Tel: +49 (30) 450-553096
Fax: +49 (30) 450-553942
The purpose of North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society is to improve neuroendocrine tumor (NET) disease management through increased research and educational opportunities.
800 NE Tenney Road Ste. # 110-412
Vancouver, WA 98685
Phone inquiries Monday – Friday (8:30 am – 6:30 pm PST) 360-314-4112
The Carcinoid Cancer Awareness Network(CCAN) is a non-profit charity whose mission is to intensify awareness of Neuroendocrine Tumors & Carcinoid Cancer in the medical community and general public around the world. CCAN also assists patients, caregivers and support groups worldwide by providing access to important & updated information about the disease. Through the years CCAN has produced 17 conferences. Many are available to view on our website. DVD’s & CD ROMS are also available. A toll free phone support line is answered by a patient and caregiver. They also provide funding for research into Carcinoid Cancer and other Neuroendocrine tumors.
The Carcinoid Cancer Awareness Network Inc.
2480 Hull Ave N. Bellmore, NY 11710
Phone : 516 -781-7814 / 1-866-850-9555
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org