Principal investigator: Amanda Wurz, University of Ottawa
Thesis supervisor: Dr. Jennifer Brunet, University of Ottawa
Purposes of the study: (1) Explore the relationship between physical activity and quality of life in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors, and (2) explore how physical activity might improve quality of life in adolescent and young adult cancer survivors.
You are eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Were diagnosed with cancer for the first time when you were between the ages of 15 and 39 years;
- Have completed cancer treatment within the past 5 years;
- Have no current evidence of progressive disease, secondary cancer (i.e., cancer cells that have spread from the primary cancer), or second cancers (i.e., a new different cancer);
- Are able read, understand, and provide informed consent in English;
- Are willing to provide about 20 to 30 minutes of your time to complete an online survey.
You are not eligible to participate in this study if you:
- Are physically unable to participate in physical activity;
- Are unwilling or unable to sign the consent form;
- Do not have parental consent because your parents have indicated they are not giving permission for you to participate in this study. Of note, this item is only applicable if you are younger than 18 years;
- Have received a diagnosis of brain or thyroid cancer.
If you have questions about your eligibility, please contact Amanda Wurz.
Phone: 613-562-5800 ext. 3626