This group serves as the patient voice and provides an opportunity for patients and family members to help the Cancer Agency improve the overall cancer experience. The Council members are committed to improving the cancer experience by:
- Encouraging a greater understanding of the health care experience through the eyes of the patient and family;
- Providing advice, information and recommendations to Cancer Agency staff that will support planning, policies and procedures;
- Improving patient safety, integration and navigation of health care systems;
- Promoting effective and ongoing communication between patients, families and staff.
- Enhancing relationships between Cancer Agency staff and our clients, patients, family members and the community.
- Supporting patients and family members to be full partners in their cancer treatment and care.
If you are interested in learning more or participating on PFAC, please contact the group either by phone or email:
Saskatchewan Cancer Agency
Patient and Family Advisory Council
For more information, click here.