Horizon Health Network: Patient and Family Advisory Council
The Horizon Patient/ Family Advisory Council creates a partnership with administration to provide advice and guidance to improve patient and family centred care experiences throughout Horizon Health Network.
The council promotes collaboration between staff, physicians and the greater community toward enhanced involvement of patients and their family members in the planning and delivery of care across the health network.
They also provide input and feedback into education and programs and participate as community partners or ensure representation in the planning and operation of specific programs or committees as requested.
The term of membership is two years with the option for a two year term renewal for a maximum four year term.
Qualifications for Membership:
- Members must have a sincere interest in working with a group to improve the experience of patients across the Health Network;
- Must sign a confidentiality and conflict of interest agreement;
- Must be able to travel to meetings, or teleconference with the expectation of active membership;
- Demonstrate an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of the patient and family advisory committee; and
- Ability to work constructively with senior management, physicians and staff members of Horizon Health Network and the patient / family advisory committee.
The Patient and Family Advisory Council will meet a minimum of four times per year and at the call of the chair. Meetings will be 2 hours in length.
Geographic areas covered include: Fredericton, Moncton, Upper River Valley, Miramichi and Saint John.
For more information about the Patient Family Advisory Council, click here.