The Self Help Resource Centre strengthens communities across Ontario by promoting peer support groups that facilitate positive outcomes for people who are facing diverse life transitions and challenges.
The Self Help Resource Centre strengthens communities across Ontario by promoting peer support groups that facilitate positive outcomes for people who are facing diverse life transitions and challenges. We do this in collaboration with dedicated staff, volunteers, partners and community members thr
ough outreach, networking, capacity building, consultation, resource development, and knowledge exchange.
The vision of the Self Help Resource Centre is one where peer support groups and the benefits they offer to health promotion are recognized and valued by government and human service organizations, and available to all Ontarians.
- We believe in the power of individuals coming together around a common issue or goal to promote Mental Health and Well-being.
- We believe that every person has the right to be met with compassion, accepted in a non-judgmental way, and treated with respect, and we support an environment of mutual respect.
- We value experiential knowledge, and the strengths and assets that individuals, organizations and communities bring.
- We nurture the development of individual potential by providing an environment that promotes self determination, and encourages learning and personal development.
- We believe that each of us is enriched when we are able to work collaboratively with one another to share experiences, perspectives, information, knowledge and supports.
- We embrace diversity, and support non-discriminatory policies and practices. Diversity refers to different racial and cultural backgrounds, age, gender, sexual orientation, and visible and invisible challenges.
- We support our community by providing a variety of flexible and responsive programs and services that are designed to reach individuals and communities that have facedbarriers to accessing services.
- We are committed to ensuring the provision of high quality, comprehensive services from well-informed, well-qualified staff.
40 St. Clair Avenue East, Suite 307
Toronto, Ontario M4T 1M9
Phone: (416) 487-4355 (in Toronto)
1-888-283-8806 (in Ontario)
Fax: (416) 487-0344