The Canadian Lymphedema Framework (CLF) will work to improve the management of lymphedema and related disorders in Canada. In collaboration with the International Lymphedema Framework (ILF) and the American Lymphedema Framework Project (ALFP) we will contribute to the global international advancement of lymphedema care.
- Raise the profile of lymphedema and related disorders nationally and internationally
- Define and promote best practices
- Develop a Lymphedema Minimum Data Set for Canada to improve lymphedema outcomes
- Take a leadership role in risk reduction, early diagnosis, treatment, education, health care and research of lymphedema.
- Place lymphedema and its management as a priority on regional, provincial and national health care agendas
- Address issues of inequity of provision
This work can only be done through partnerships with all stakeholders including
- persons living with lymphedema and related disorders
- community organizations
- health care providers
- industry representatives
- insurance companies