Food from foodservice establishments is often high in sodium. Excess sodium intake can increase the risk of high blood pressure, stroke, and chronic diseases such as heart or kidney disease.
The Healthy Eating Strategy, published in October 2016, committed to reduce sodium in food prepared or served in foodservice establishments by developing sodium reduction targets for the foodservices sector.
We are looking for information on sodium reduction from the following stakeholders:
- Foodservice distributors
- Food manufacturers
- Foodservice operators (for example restaurants and caterers)
- Institutional foodservice operators
- Grocery retailers (including online) selling home meal replacements
Through this call for information, we would like to:
- understand the various stakeholders’ roles, activities, and challenges around sodium reduction
- identify existing tools that support sodium reduction in the foodservice sectors
- identify research gaps and opportunities for sodium reduction in this sector
When and where
This call for information is open from September 20 to November 20, 2017
How to participate