Children’s Hospital London Health Sciences Centre: Community Advisory Council
The purpose of the Community Advisory Council is to improve patient care experiences. The volunteer council serves in an advisory capacity, making recommendations on matters that impact the experience of patients and families. Not only will council members provide valuable input, they will also become well informed, so they can be positive representatives of the hospital in the community.
The Community Advisory Council brings together individuals with a variety of experiences including volunteer community members, patients and family members, as well as staff and physicians. The membership reflects a diversity in relation to gender, age, ethnicity, work/career backgrounds, and personal experiences and includes a minimum of 10 general (non- London Health Sciences Centre) members.
The Community Advisory Council believes that the most effective advisory bodies include a mix of community members and staff and physicians to advance patient-centred care. The council is composed of the following:
- A Co-Chair model by the end of the first year;
- A minimum of ten general (non- London Health Sciences Centre) members which may also include members from other patient advisory councils; and
- London Health Sciences Centre representatives whose roles help to enhance Community Advisory Council activities.
In order to ensure a balanced representation, at least 50% of the members shall be family/patient/community representatives (i.e. not London Health Sciences Centre representatives).The term for general members is two years, renewable for a maximum of 3 terms (6 years).
A member may be asked to lead or participate in sub-committees or may be called upon from time to time to participate on related projects. For those interested in becoming a member, please complete an Application Form. For further inquiries, please contact Cathy Culle at 519-685-8500 ext. 77517 or email at email@example.com.
Additional information can be accessed in the London Health Sciences Centre website.
London Health Sciences Centre: Renal Patient and Family Advisory Council
Renal Patient and Family Advisory Council advisors will hold monthly discussions, from September to June, about various Renal Program issues. They will meet in task group meetings when needed.
Renal Patient and Family Advisory Council:
- Attending meetings will require a time commitment of 2 to 4 hours per month;
- Preparing for meetings will require a time commitment ranging from 1 to 2 hours per month;
- Task Group meetings within the council will require approximately 2 to 4 hours per month; and
- Meetings will usually be every second Tuesday of the month from 5:00pm to 7:00pm.
If you are interested or have any questions, please ask a staff member for the Renal Patient and Family Advisor Application Form, or contact Angela Andrews, at 519 685-8500 ext. 34411( firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please click here to see their website.