The Canadian Organization for Rare Disorders wishes to invite interested candidates to submit their application to join the CORD Board of Directors
for 2016-2018 term.
We are particularly interested in hearing from individuals whose experience and skill set includes a combination of the following:
- Finance, accounting
- Grant writing
- Fundraising and special events
- Health policy development
- Public relations, communications
- Advocacy on a provincial/federal level
- Nonprofit, governance, management, administration experience
Application Deadline: July 1, 2016
Board Member Expectations:
- Support the organization’s mission, purposes, goals, policies, and programs while knowing its strengths and needs.
- Attend bi-monthly board meetings (via teleconference) and one or two in-person meetings throughout the year.
- Prepare for and participate actively in conference calls, telephone and email communications between these meetings, both with other Board members and CORD staff as necessary.
- Serve actively on committees of the Board.
- Contribute to activities and events hosted by the organization whenever possible.
- Support CORD’s provincial/territorial activities respective to location
- Be fully apprised of CORD policies and positions to serve as spokesperson when requested and feasible.
- Suggest volunteers the Board who have attributes and commitment to make significant contributions to the work of the CORD and the progress of the organization.
Please submit your application to: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/cordboard2016